Tickets and what you need to know before visiting
From 30th June 2020, the Broken Hill Regional Art Gallery will reopen to limited numbers of visitors from 10am to 3pm daily, using a timed-entry ticket system. To help keep everyone safe, please read the following information before booking your free ticket below.
Permanent Gallery and downstairs exhibition space, along with the Gallery Shop.
Foyer Gallery, Gallery 1 and Gallery 2 (These galleries are located upstairs).
There are currently no scheduled tours, events, or public programs.
School excursions and workshops are currently cancelled.
For specific booking requests for enquiries, please email the gallery.
What we’re asking you to do
- Book a free timed-entry ticket online (you can do this online here or phone the Gallery if you require assistance).
- Provide your name and contact details when booking or on entry to support contact tracing (anyone booking on behalf of others is required to provide those people’s contact details, as requested).
- Arrive for the time you’ve booked and wait outside to be checked in by Gallery staff.
- Bring a credit or debit card for any on-site purchases (we do not accept cash).
- Avoid bringing large bags (you’ll have to carry any bag at your side or on your front).
- Don’t visit in a large group.
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, or have returned from overseas in the last 14 days.
- Consider downloading the COVIDSafe app.
At the Gallery
- Use the hand-sanitiser provided on arrival.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance from others at all times.
- Wait in a marked queue or go elsewhere if a particular space has too many people.
- Allow less-mobile visitors to use lift first, or consider using the stairs. Our lift is limited to 1 person at a time.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and put the tissue in a bin.
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds in our restroom.
- Please don’t touch the artworks or displays (including merchandise for sale in the retail shop).
Visitors who don’t comply with these conditions will not be admitted or will be asked to leave to ensure the safety of all.
What we’re doing for you
- There are floor markings and signage to help visitors maintain safe distances.
- Each Gallery space has its maximum capacity, based on the rule of 1 person per 4 square metres. Please follow instructions from staff.
- We’ve removed seating in exhibition spaces to give visitors more space to move.
- We’re cleaning frequently with hospital-grade disinfectants, regular cleaning occurs between sessions and high-touch items are cleaned after each use.
- We’ve provided hand sanitisers at the Gallery entry and at various places throughout the building.
- We will continue to be guided by the NSW Government’s health guidelines and will provide updates to this information.
- There is a limit of 45 minutes per session for your visit to the Gallery.
- Tickets can be printed at home or shown on your mobile device. These tickets will be scanned upon entry, so please ensure you bring them to your visit.
- To make changes to your booking, call the Gallery on 08 8080 3444 or email email@example.com (Monday to Friday only).
For more information on COVID-19 please visit https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/diseases/Pages/coronavirus.aspx
Many of council's services, events and regular programs may be impacted by COVID-19. You can find all the information we have released about COVID-19 related service changes here.