Pro Hart Outback Art Prize
The Pro Hart Outback Art Prize is an annual acquisitive competition. The prize showcases work in any media which reflects the spirit and diversity of the Australian Outback.
The prize consists of an Acquisitive First Prize, a Non-Acquisitive Second Prize and a People’s Choice Award with a total prize pool of $23,000.
If you have any queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Key Dates 2020:
- Entries Open: Monday, 23rd March
- Entries Close: Friday, 29th May
- Finalist Notification: Friday, 19th June
- Artworks Delivered to the Gallery (finalists only): Friday, 21st August
- Exhibition Opening: TBC
Please note: The 2020 Pro Hart Outback Art Prize will still go ahead. Due to current changes with the Gallery due to COVID-19, we are unable to confirm the final exhibition date, but we can confirm that this will be first exhibition to open once the Gallery resumes normal operating hours. We will keep all entrants informed of the final exhibition date via email.
If you enter your work into the Pro Hart Outback Art Prize and decide to ‘withdraw’ your work, or your work is sold before the exhibition, the entry fee will still remain non-refundable.
Frequently asked questions:
I am having trouble submitting my entry form! Can you help?
Some common troubleshooting tips for the online entry form:
- The form will not accept my artwork price.
Make sure you are entering the number as a whole number only and that there is no characters or decimal places.
eg. instead of using $5,000.00, try typing 5000 instead.
- The form says I have not uploaded my artwork, but I have. What's wrong?
Sometimes files can take a little longer to upload into your submission. Ensure all files have finished uploading completely before trying to submit.
- I am trying to upload my Artist CV, but I can't find the file on my computer.
Artist CV's are only accepted in a .pdf format. Please double check that your file is compatible.
- I am submitting my entry but the screen is not loading or telling me anything. How do I know if it has been submitted?
When you have finished your form and ready to submit, ensure that you check the box when prompted and that you complete the CAPTCHA task if required. When your entry has been successfully submitted you will see a notification on your screen and will also receive a confirmation email.
- I won't be able to get my work to the Gallery before the closing Date. Can i still enter?
You only need to supply your artwork in a digital format when entering the prize. Only works that are selected as a Finalist will be required at the Gallery. Each successful entrant will be notified of this at a later date.
For other general issues.
- Please save your form and complete the 'email link' request.
- Once you have received your email link, close your browser down.
- Once all browser windows have been correctly shut down, click on the link you receive in your email to be directed back to your saved form.
- Try completing the form again.
Is there a theme?
Yes. All entries must address the theme of the 'Australian Outback'
How many artworks am I allowed to submit?
Each artist may enter up to two works.
These entries must be original work and completed within the last 12 months.
Does it cost to enter?
Yes. A non-refundable entry fee of $45 per artwork applies. (This amount includes GST)
What are the size limitations on entries?
There are no size limitations for the Pro Hart Outback Art Prize, aside from the physical limits of the Gallery.
However, artists may like to consider the cost of transporting works if selected. Please contact the Gallery if you have concerns regarding the size of your work.
What is the Prize Money?
Acquisitive First Prize $20,000
Second Prize $2,000
People’s Choice $1,000
Submit your entry:
Please note: Our FAQ section has been updated to include some commonly asked troubleshooting when completing and online submission. If you experience any further errors, please contact us on email@example.com or 0880803444 during business hours so we can assist.
(please note, we are experiencing a high volume of calls and emails and will attempt to get back to you as soon as possible.)